Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Logo  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Paul aka Feb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Logo
« on: September 09, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
Hi people,

As you have seen Roy and I are working on a new logo for our community. This is not easy I suppose. So many people, so many opinions  :). Nevertheless, sooner or later we have to have one. In addition to the updated logo from Roy and me (now with a smaller dogtag) I have made four additional designs.

At this stage it's not realy about a final logo. The designs (which are seen via the link below) are intended to be sketchy atmosphere images. So, first it comes to 'charisma'. If we get the right 'charisma' then we can make several variants on that, in order to produce the final one.

With this in mind, I want to ask you to view the logos and mention your comments in this thread. Just click the link below...

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=UX3R8FSD#CHMY8SHD

Thanks!

Offline Pakislav

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Logo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:48:05 PM »
I don't like the second one, it's like a bland stamp that everyone and everything uses.

The second one I like. It's aesthetically pleasing and gives a "cool" Vice City vibe, but this might at the same time a bad thing for a logo. :|

The third one I like as well, but it's not compact enough to be a good logo in my opinion.

The fourth makes me almost think there's "International Prison System" written under it instead of 'International Gaming Community" with the implied blandness to it.

The fifth one suffers a little of the shortcomings of the third and fourth one.

There's something with the AK being behind the letters that makes the second one more compact and logo-like, distinguishing it from the rest so maybe we can work with that.

Offline WEAREGODS

• Administrator
  • It can't be true! I've been told a different story
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »
I like 1, 3 and 4.

Offline Ernesto ep5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »
Hey Feb, I like the way you are approaching this. First the right charisma, and then variants of that.

Not to keen with the first one, and I think Paki meant that instead of "second", as he mentioned it twice.

I must say I like the second one the most, and the third. But maybe without the dogtag.
The last one (current one) is not bad. I don't like the colours there though. And the "r"'s in recruit were a bit hard to make out at first.

And the fourth one, well .. it's not bad but not great either. The main font could use some work ( damage, shattering, bullet hole)

Offline [RaW]mantika

• RAW Members
  • =) :-* :-P xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
5th ! Im affectionate...

Offline Paul aka Feb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 01:04:22 AM »
The second logo is about 'cammo vs neon', or if you prefer: 'suffering versus luxury'. In other words: ARMA III vs. GTA 5. It covers our entire gaming spectrum.

By the way, thanks for your replies so far. But for a little insight, I hope for more comments. We're talking about this later I hope.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:06:16 AM by Paul aka Feb »

idnetical

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
i like something along the lines of the second last ..clean, simple, dumping the message...

Offline Paul aka Feb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 01:08:53 AM »
I'd like to hear the opinion of Swat-X on this. Ed, where are you ..?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:11:53 AM by Paul aka Feb »

Offline Paul aka Feb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »
Thanks for your input guys! However, the number of comments can't be reason to further continue a design process. So we stick to the logo as it is used now.

Thanks again.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 12:53:57 AM »
Thanks for all the work you did Paul. Time to take a look at the forum icons next!!!!!!!  ::)

Offline WEAREGODS

• Administrator
  • It can't be true! I've been told a different story
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
First of all, thank you very much for your hard work, Paul. It is at least appreciated by some of us. Realistically, though, the only reason this happened is because I kicked up a fuss. I felt our community's logo should be decided on by the community. I feel that something this important, something we will be using everywhere, should be something that looks good and everyone is more or less happy with.

Clearly I was fucking wrong.

I cannot believe the disgusting level of apathy on display here. I want to thank everyone who DID take the time to comment, but I also want everyone who didn't to know this: you don't belong here. If you can't find 5 minutes in your day to comment on this, you don't belong here. If you can't be FUCKED to comment on this, you don't belong here. If you're one of the people that has no feedback for all the things the staff members do for this community, you don't belong here.

Some of you need to question your fucking commitment. I'm sick and tired of trying and getting nothing in return.

GODS

Offline tom bombadil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 08:30:43 AM »
I really like 3 and 5 the most so I'm not against leaving the graphic as is.  Feb, your work is very professional stylish and we could be proud to use any of them.   Sorry for not responding sooner, I mean no disrespect.

GODS, I am guilty of neglecting the forum but I try to be active, participate in games, and on Mumble when I'm at home at my PC.

That said, I will now go stand with my nose in the corner.

Offline Sovereign

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »
I like the 5th, but without the dog tag.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »
Number 5 for me.

Well, in over ten days only eight people could be bothered to give any input. So the result looks like this:-

1 one mention
2 three mentions
3 four mentions
4 one mention
5 five mentions

With the most mentions and the most outright votes, No.5 it is, so no changes needed.

Offline mkers

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:41:23 PM »
I'm happy with the last one thought I'd better say it here, I did mention it on Mumble. 

Small thing not worth worrying about maybe - is there anyway to personalise the details on the tag? ( RaW recruits blah blah Jan 2008 etc )

Bit late, sorry.

:-[