Username: Password:

Author Topic: No Man's Sky vs Elite Dangerous  (Read 16477 times)

Offline ydy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky vs Elite Dangerous
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »
Sure Thursday CET 21.00-> is ok, few hours. We can use in game comms chat and voice. Have been working quite well. If possible enable upnp from your router or modify following file to disable upnp and add port 5100. Then open port 5100 (UDP) from your router.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=33
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:33:43 AM by ydy »

Offline ydy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »
Paul! You have some hours to ship some metal to Kaushpoos to Neville Horizons for CG. One trip you get 3millions. Buy some metal palladium, gold etc. and travel to Kaushpoos (Neville Horizons station) and THEN sign up for CG via Bulletin board and THEN sell the cargo. CG ends soon!
Its quite far away so make sure you refuel often or have a fuel scoop. They are building a new station for explorers at Pleiades Nebula area.

Edit

The CG has ended. If you did not make it on time dont worry there is more to come and ongoing:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=187372

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:38:52 PM by ydy »

Offline Paul aka Feb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »
Tomorrow I check whether the game chat and voice comms working properly. If necessary, I adjust the settings according to the instructions you attached. And if major problems occure, maybe we can use Mumble Instead.

Yeah, apparently I'm too late for that Kaushpoos Job. No problem. I'll see what else I can do before tomorrow night. Have already earned some money, but the possibilities are a bit limited with my Sidewinder (or so I assume). Did some modifications (more powerfull powerplant, bigger cargo bay and looking for bigger fuel tanks. Also want to fit a fuel scope) but its still the bottom of the range and therefore vulnerable for attacks. You know all about it Tuomo, I suppose  :)  but its just part of the fun!

Offline ydy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 02:01:03 AM »
Nice scooping Paul :)

Offline mkers

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/

Finally a date of release for No Mans Sky -

24th June 2016

Offline ydy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Ok then. Its not so sim like  as Elite but surely will check it out at some point.

Offline mkers

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
Soooooo, I see a few people have No Mans Sky. There's no ignoring the fact it has received condemning reviews for example down to 38% on Steam.

I just wanted to know from from your experiences playing it - is it really that much of a letdown?

I see me getting it eventually but not at £40, discovering things first doesn't seem worth that much.

Offline Ernesto ep5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 06:39:40 PM »
It's basically exploration on your own, BUT you need to MINE a LOT before you go to the next place. The ending is shit. The animals dont look believable, it's just spore. What else.. oh the lies. He dont deserve a fucking cent. imho

Offline WEAREGODS

• Administrator
  • It can't be true! I've been told a different story
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 10:41:04 PM »
No good in my opinion. Should have got Elite instead haha. It's fun to start with but you soon start to see that everything kind of looks the same and there's nothing really to do. The universe is very large but so goddamn empty and devoid of soul. Maybe it will get better with continued development and if we eventually get the game as advertised, but personally I'd say skip it. I'll put it this way: if I could refund, I would.

*Just my opinion based on 15 hours play with 5 planets explored. Your mileage may vary.

Offline mkers

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
Best to wait a while on this one then, it's a shame because the graphics and audio seem really good.