Username: Password:

Author Topic: Discord Channel Viewer - Feedback, Suggestions and Questions  (Read 937 times)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Discord Channel Viewer - Feedback, Suggestions and Questions
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:29:19 AM »
Updated our Discord viewer added quite a few features such as Admin tags, auto refresh, it only lists occupied channels and it's customisable. It's fully flexible, the icons and the text will resize to whatever dimensions you have in your iframe so I called it the Discord Flexi-Viewer. As there are not many viewers out there, I have made this available for anyone to download and have added a page to our website for this and added a few themes so it should suit the needs of anybody.

I have made this new topic so people can ask any questions related to the Discord channel viewer.

jTAG

Re: Discord Channel Viewer - Feedback, Suggestions and Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 03:50:36 PM »
hi Viewer autor !

In first sorry for my english i'll try to write good. :)

2nd thank to share your viewer :)

I tried to install your viewer on my website, but i have this issue :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/lesdragob/www/discord/mini.php on line 40

i tried with dark.php and error is at line 46.

in each *.php i've only change json adress and invit link.

on my webpage just added the line : <iframe src="http://www.lesdragonspourpres.com/discord/mini.php" width="307" height="175" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Can you help me ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 04:08:40 PM by jTAG »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »
Hi jTAG,

First, I'd like to know where you heard about our viewer?

You are getting the unexpected T_FUNCTION because you are using an older version of PHP, most likely version 5.2 or older. You will need at least version 5.3 or higher.

Most cPanel based hosting providers will allow you to update PHP version from your cPanel. Search PHP Version Manager or PHP Configuration option and click on it.

Select PHP version 5.6+ or 7 and save.

If not, ask your host to update the PHP version of your hosting. Most likely, they will do it for free and it’s the easiest way to update.

older versions of PHP have reached the end of their life and no more security updates are provided meaning that you are already running a big security risk with your current version.

Hope this helps, if not then please let me know.

jTAG

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »
First, I'd like to know where you heard about our viewer?

My old online viewer is now offline (http://discordi.deliriousdrunkards.com) So i asked to google for a new discord widget :)

Thanks for your help, i've updated my website to 5.6, i tried 7.2, but my forum is not compatible (very old version), i need update my forum too.

Well, thank you very much for your help :)

Offline gigglepot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »
I'm trying to find the instructions / method to remove the border

"As you can see here with the two examples to the left, limits come into effect at the lower end of the scale. The viewer's various elements such as icons, length of text and borders can get distorted when reduced to very small sizes such as the 140px width set here, however if we remove the borders, it's just about readable., Full instructions on how to do this can be found in the ReadMe.txt file that comes with the download, it's a simple case of altering one line in the code."

I've read thought the instructions and i just cannot see the options; any assistance you could offer would be appreciated.

- heard about the widget in Google went looking for a custom CSS solution as i'm not very good at this computer thing.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »
Hi gigglepot.

Exactly where the information is depends which theme you want to use, the information is in the ReadMe.html file. For example using the dark theme, scroll down to dark.css file section and you will see:-

Line 11 #808080 /* viewers border

Which reads:

border:6px solid #808080; /* viewers border */

Simply change that to 0px or remove the line altogether. It is much the same for the other themes except that is may appear on a different line number but the ReadMe file for that theme will tell you which line it is on.

Hope that helps.

Offline gigglepot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Hi Rebel,
I found out what my problem was.. i was modifying those settings and wasn't getting anywhere was reading through the readme to see if i could find something else was setting the border etc.. turns out.. you just have to hold Ctrl + f5 to refresh when you are messing around with CSS not just f5 :)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 02:03:06 PM »
Ah! Yes, I should have mentioned about refreshing the cache, glad you managed to sort it out.

Offline gigglepot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 03:50:58 AM »
one other thing i've noticed is that is quite slow to update - i know the code sets a refresh every 5 minutes but even if i manually set that at 30 seconds, or 1 minute doesn't seem to take effect.. i think this is discord itself thou since i even manually tested against the default discord pluggin and it takes a few minutes to update - do you know anyway around this?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
No, there is no way around this. Discord only updates the JSON data every five minutes, which is why I set the reader to refresh at the same 5 minute rate.